Monday, May 18, 2009

A real holiday weekend...


On Friday night/Saturday early, early morning, I had a little health scare. No details...just suffice to say that I realized that I needed to take a vacation from stress and worry...which meant I actually rested a lot on Saturday (Jeff's good advice. I did a wee bit of art, read a tiny bit, knitted one repeat (4 rounds) of socks and generally stayed on the couch. Then Sunday I took the day off (gasp!) You heard right I did not attend any church on Sunday. I can't believe it myself...but you know what...it was a great day. More -- in larger doses -- of what I did on Saturday, but I also made supper and it was good too. Then today it was warmer, well the wind had died down and that made a big difference. So more of the same and a little (very little) gardening thrown in. I am starting to feel like my old energetic self and also feeling very hopeful and positive...something that has eluded me for a bit...Won't go into details about that either. Just say, I am doing the "morning pages" again and getting in touch with both me and God. Not a bad thing, that.

1 comment:

  1. God understands when you stay home but still praise Him...

    ReplyDelete